Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We are back!

So last Thursday, Jonathan said to me, "we should go on a road trip. I forgot what grass looks like." Being the "spontaneous" couple that we are, within 24 hours, we had packed and were on our way to Vegas! I would like to note that I did NOT sleep the whole way down! (Don't ask me about the way back though!) We stopped at Ti-Pan; my favorite decorating store ever! It's a good thing for our bank account that there isn't one in Idaho! Anyways, I thought they might have cleaner bathrooms than gas stations... and they did as well as a few things to look at. I was very good though and only bought one thing! We then drove onto Vegas and had a blast! We played with the boys and my sister and brother in law. After wearing out the kids, we played Mario cart and just had a ton of fun! Jonathan and I were thrilled to be able to do some yard work and even plant a little garden! I forgot how much I love to play in dirt! Plus, I got a sunburn! Who could ask for anything more?? It was great, but now its time to fold laundry again....

5 comments:

Kristin said...

ok Donna. i will do your luscious hilites for a scrumptious sloppy joe dinner. i would take you up on babysitting, but my mom lives close so she usually does it. so...how about it? oh, and i'm leaving for mexico in 9 days so i wouldn't be able to do it til i get back.

Trista said...

Lucky!! Warmth and sunshine- I'm jealous. Glad you had fun. Won't be long now until we have some warmth too!- Trista

It's A Wonderful said...

What fun! Uncle Jason and I are almost to the point where we can have spontaneous adventures!

Come plant for me...I kill all green things. Uncle Jason is great with plants, but they scream and die when I approach.

I wuv you!

Derek & Heidi said...

Wish you would have stopped by on your way! Hope you had fun.

Thomas Fleming said...

A SUNburn? What's a "sun"? Here in Western New York in February, you can only get a windburn, or a snowburn. Next time you're in Vegas, could you package up a little warmth and send it to us? We're SICK SICK SICK of winter! (but very happy that you had such a good time!)