Thursday, February 12, 2009

Peace


A few weeks ago, I was flying home from Las Vegas and I had a quiet moment. I don't seem to have very many of those lately. While resting on the short plane ride, I looked out the window to notice a sunset from a perspective that doesn't happen very often. I am so grateful that I was able to have this peacful moment. When looking through some of our more recent photos, I have noticed that not many of them are this peaceful. I doubt I am speaking for just myself when I say that we all could use a peaceful moment today! Often our lives seem to be stressful and over scheduled. I find myself thinking, "I need a break from all the craziness!" So, just for me, take just a moment to take a deep breath and enjoy the sunset! Leave the craziness alone just for a minute. It will be there when you are done breathing. Trust me.

2 comments:

Thomas Fleming said...

Donna, that's a breathtaking picture! I've seen a few sunsets from planes, but was never able (or didn't think) to capture them on film. You sure are right about the need for peaceful moments to reflect on life, past and future, and all the blessings we have today. It helps put everything into perspective, and makes one feel so much better!

Kristin said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture! I always take stuff like this for granted:(