Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Longing for spring


This is our backyard right now. I don't like it. Looking out at all the snow makes me long for spring days when I can play with the dog in the backyard. Then I would grill some chicken and veggies on the grill. I would make lemon aid and enjoy a nice quiet dinner with my hubby in the backyard under our pergola. (Granted in this "vision" I am not pulling weeds or swatting bugs.) We would just sit and talk until it was dusk. Then, we would make a fire and watch a movie on the projector. I miss those summer days! Why does it seem like we always want something we can't have. In the summer, I am so hot that I am praying for a cozy snowy day. In the spring, I can't wait for the fall harvest when we have fresh garden tomatoes that you can eat like an apple because they are so sweet. In the winter, I want nothing more than to lay on a freshly mowed lawn and look at all the flowers. Someday I will be happy with the season that I am in... but not today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur.
P.S. Thanks for dinner! :)

It's A Wonderful said...

May I come over and roll around in your snow?

Kristin said...

Amen Sista!! I couldn't have said it better LOL!!

Retaining Wall Contractor Miami Gardens said...

Thannks great post