Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pizza Muffins


All growing up I remember my mom making pizza muffins for us every time we went on a road trip and often for picnics. For me, pizza muffins were a staple in our family. Then I married a pizza lover. Okay, lover is saying it lightly. If Jonathan could figure out a way to get pizza 24 hours a day (maybe through an IV or something) he would! He is OBSESSED with pizza! But I still love him! Anyways, back to the pizza muffins. We had been married for a few months and I made pizza muffins. Here comes a tangent... All you newly or soon to be married girls. Hint: Always save a few things up your sleeve such as hidden talents or recipes with extra bacon to surprise your husband with for the first few years of marriage. Every time you come up with something "new" he will find new birth in his love for you. Alright, back again to the pizza muffins. I neglected to tell my hubby that I even knew of such a thing until we had been married a few months. One day, when he came home from working a long 12 hour shift at the plant, he was greeted with pizza muffins. You would have thought that he died and went to heaven. I thought I would post this little story along with the recipe for one of my husbands favorite things about me. My ability to get pizza.....in a muffin. I hope you enjoy this recipe! It has been a family favorite of ours for years! If by chance you ever win any cooking contest with this recipe, you better share some of the winnings!

Pizza Muffins
2 cans refrigerator biscuits (I use homemade pizza dough-watch for a new post soon)
1 lb of hamburger or sausage
1 chopped onion
2/3 jar spaghetti sauce
pepperoni
Mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Press flattened biscuits into greased muffin cups (20)
3. Brown meat in sauce pan. Drain. Saute onions. Add spaghetti sauce and meat back into the pan and stir until warm.
4. In bottom of each muffin, put one pepperoni. Then add one scoop of meat mixture to each muffin. Add another pepperoni and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes (check after 15) until light brown. Allow muffins to cool about 5 minutes before removing from pan. Good warm or cold!

3 comments:

Court said...

Ok, these look so yummy! I am going to put this on our dinner menu for this next week. I'll let you know how they turn out. But I can tell you now, they won't be close to how you make them. Thanks

Veronica said...

this do look so yummy! I want to try them sometime! Thanks for the good idea, my husband is already drooling!

Sheen said...

so... i'm attempting to make these tonight for dinner and i'm hoping they turn out like yours.

thanks donna!