Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Cabinets

We "finished" our basement about 3 years ago, but we didn't really finish it until a few weeks ago. We built 2 food storage cupboards on one end of the basement with the intention of adding a little kitchenette eventually. Silly me, I forgot to take some before pictures and I suggested after we pull the cupboards out so I could take a before picture, but I was out voted. After much hard work (Thanks Rebecca!) and lot's of priming, painting and sanding...

Tada!
I really wanted beadboard cupboards, but they were WAY out of my price range, so I bought some beadboard wallpaper at Lowes and added it to the center of the panels on the doors. I LOVE beadboard wallpaper! I am a bit addicted to it now. I wonder what else I can use it on...
I know it's hard to see with my shadow, but you can kind of get the idea.
I still have a few touch ups, but I LOVE my new cupboards! The beadboard was so easy to do and I think it adds a lot to the project.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

i love them donna! i want to see them in person!

sweet mama entropy said...

what a great solution! necessity really IS the mother of invention :)

Derek & Heidi said...

I heart beadboard too! It looks fantastic! You guys are so handy around your house! Thanks for visiting me the other day, it was great to see you both! We miss you guys dearly! Hope Idaho warms up soon!...and Utah too for my sake :)