Thursday, April 8, 2010

Potting Station I Have Missed You!

I LOVE SPRING! I also love to plant in containers. As a young adult, I worked at a gardening center in NY. While it was hard work sometimes, I learned SO MUCH and loved almost every minute of my job. I miss those days, but now I get to play in a yard of my own. A few years ago, Jonathan built me a potting station for Christmas. Maybe he was sick of me planting containers on his table saw...Anyways, I LOVE my potting station and all the things I have created on it.
Add Image
I also love cooking. What fun it is to create a dish with fresh herbs picked right from the kitchen! Someday, in my next house with a BIG kitchen, I will have a plant shelf in the kitchen window with herbs on it all year round. {Not that I have been planning out my next kitchen or anything. Did I mention the double wall ovens and the 6 burner stove?}

Did you ever have a plant read your mind? No, I'm not crazy, but I am pretty sure that this moss growing between the pavers on my patio knew that I wanted him there. Jonathan and I even talked about planting some, but we thought that was a bit over the top... and now look who has crept into our garden! I might start thinking really hard about Peonies in the front yard...

3 comments:

Kristin said...

i so love your potting station!! so cute! and the moss is GORG in between your pavers:)

It's A Wonderful said...

That is a great-looking potting station! Donna, I kill plants. Isn't that just plain sad and pathetic? I have an ugly old black thumb. Uncle Jason, he has a lovely green thumb. I would never use that lovely potting station, but Uncle Jason? He'd LOVE it!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

The potting station is incredible!! And I am in love with the moss in between your pavers! GO Donna!!