Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dear Spring, WHERE ARE YOU??

Dear Spring,
Where have you been? I have missed you so! I thought you were here already, as did my tulips. You were so convincing, that they started to come up but are now covered with snow.

Remember when you were visiting us last year? I know it was a short visit, but you have to admit that it was a fun one! Bike rides, spring flowers and you can't forget how much fun we had at our first picnic together! Why don't you want to visit me this year? Are you mad at me or something? Was is something I said? You know I love summer, but I love you too! Winter just wont leave no matter what I do! You don't have to be scared of winter. It may be a bully, but nobody really likes it. We just say we do to make it feel better so it won't beat us up. I was hoping you would be there when I woke up this morning, but you weren't. Winter said, "good morning" instead.

If you come for a visit, I promise to make it worth your while! I have all kinds of plans for us this year! How does walks with the dog and more bike rides sound? I even have plans for planting flowers as well as the garden. Would you like to come to my garden party? It just wouldn't be the same without you. Please tell me you will come! Oh Spring, I miss you! Hurry and visit us soon! My sweet husband doesn't want me to forget you, so he brought me some of your flowers to remind me what you look and smell like.

I hope to hear from you VERY soon! We will have so much fun!

Love,

Donna

3 comments:

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

The snow, rain and hail yesterday was CRAZY! What a sweet hubby to get you flowers (but it would be much cooler if they came from your garden in march!)

Trista said...

amen, sister

It's A Wonderful said...

Just to even things out a bit, when summer hits here in Florida, I'll send you some hot weather.

A very cute ode to Spring...