Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Struggles of Marriage



I am not one to often keep up on celebrities, but I have loved watching the show "John and Kate Plus 8." They have recently announced their decision to divorce which has caused me to ponder a bit about divorce. Divorce is sad; not just for the kids, but for the whole family. Things like this are often preventable, but not always. I just hope and pray for their family as well as any others going through a divorce, that they continue to respect and pray for one another. Like so many watching this story, I took some time to reflect on my own marriage, and thought that there is always room for improvement. Maybe we say thank you more, and forgive faster. Maybe we compromise more and serve each other even more. The beauty of marriage is that it is an opportunity to perfect the art of being human. We choose a spouse that will help us perfect ourselves and love us while we are doing it. That means that there are going to be good days and bad ones; it all comes down to how we treat one another. I love my husband more than anything, but sadly, sometimes I treat him the worst. I heard a quote the other day that said, "Treat your company like family, and your family like company." I liked that because I like to spoil my company! I challenge those of you who are married to talk with your spouse about how to make things better even if they are already great!

2 comments:

It's A Wonderful said...

That's really sweet...I'll have to remember that!

Also, DON'T fight to win. Winning isn't all it's cracked up to be, anyways. It's how you run the race that counts.

JoJo said...

I love you.