Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Birthday JoJo!






Jonathan turned 27 on the 19th. What an old man! (I only have a few more weeks that I can call him that before I'm old too!) Growing up, his mom always cut a watermelon in half. She would give Jonathan and his sister each half with a few candles in it. {They share a birthday.} I started a tradition a few years ago by making him a "watermelon" cake. It's not his favorite, but he usually enjoys it. If I could only figure out how to make a pizza cake! Now that would be his favorite kind of cake! Happy birthday Jonathan! I love you times two for eternity!




To make the cake, you just take a white cake mix and add one 3 oz package of watermelon jello to the dry cake mix. You make the cake just like the instructions but you add 2 cups of mini chocolate chips. Divide into two round cake pans and bake as directed. I like to freeze the cakes to help the cool and it makes it easier to frost. Just tint 2/3 of a can of whipped vanilla frosting green and the other third bright red! I also like to sprinkle a few more chips onto the top of the cake. For this one, I dyed some coconut green and squished it around the cake.

2 comments:

JoJo said...

Aww, I love you too times two for eternity! It was delicious! Thanks hun!

It's A Wonderful said...

How did I miss JR's birthday?!!! Happy Birthday, beautiful nephew! Many, many happy birthdays, til the day you catch up with me!

I love you guys!