Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our "Jam" Session!



My cute hubby LOVES strawberry jam! Every year, I try and make enough to last him the year... but a few years ago I may have gone a little overboard. I decided to ration his jam consumption and hid most of the jam so he would not eat it all at once. (He likes to eat it with a spoon!) Well, in true Donna form, I forgot about the hidden stash, so when my mom and I tried to make more jam the next spring, I had no jars! (They were all still full of last years jam!) Needless to say, I had to go buy more jars. Jonathan LOVES his jam! This year, I was babysitting a neighbor boy (Porter, age 2) while we were making jam. Porter was happily coloring Elmo a funky shade of orange, when he decided to help us. He brought a chair over to the counter and began smashing the berries. All he could talk about was, "JoJo make jam." and "Della make jam!" (He calls me Della because he has a dog named Bella, and apparently, Donna is too hard to say.) Porter has been having strawberry jam for breakfast every morning since.

3 comments:

D and C said...

That is awesome. I want to taste it! I forgot how much I LOVED your cooking!!! We need a dinner night, and some MAD GAB!!! LOL!!! LOOOOOK into ma' eyes...... LOL!!!

It's A Wonderful said...

Move over, kid, make room for Auntie Patti!

Gallant Family said...

YUM! I always get mine from my mom who does a huge batch every year. I guess I should go help her one of these times just to learn how to do it.