Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I am watching all the election coverage right now and I have a lot on my mind. While I am a republican, there is just so much that I don't know about. I worry about a lot of things, and while I believe that McCain is more in line with what I believe, there are still many things about him that worry me. Unfortunately, I feel like he promises a lot of things that I don't think he can follow through with.
On a more optimistic note, I am so grateful that I am able to vote. Many people have suffered and even died so that I can have this opportunity, so I am not going to take it for granted. This country is going to change in the near future, and it needs to change. The economy is struggling and we feel the pinch. All of our money that was in the stock market is almost gone. It kills me to think about how much we just lost! I really worry about same sex marriage becoming legal. I do not believe that this will continue to be a blessed nation if we endorse such immoral behaviors. While all I can really do is make my voice heard, I worry that I am not using it loud enough. Is it enough that I vote? Should I have done more to share my opinion? What can I do now to help others to become educated about important issues?

1 comment:

Derek & Heidi said...

I am so happy to see that you have a blog, glad I discovered it! :) I totally agree with you about voting and the status of things in our country, I really worry about traditional family values. We miss you guys!