Sunday, December 28, 2008

We wished it was a Merry Christmas















Dear Faithful blog followers,
I have not written about our Christmas on my blog yet, because it was a little less than picture perfect. In fact, you really don't want to see any pictures from that day. We all had the flu. Actually, I should clarify a little. Our friend Criag (our adopt a college student program) came down with the flu on Tuesday before Christmas. Jonathan was then blessed with it on Christmas eve thus we were not able to attend midnight mass or our friends Christmas eve dinner. Then, Jonathan being ever so generous and despite 2 cans of Lysol, the flue was my Christmas gift. Needless to say, it was not exactly fun at our house, but we made the best of it. Jonathan got a set of Looney Tunes DVDs which he watched most of the day while I lay sick in bed watching a gift from Matthew MeConaughey. (He sends me something every year!) Santa brought Jonathan a train set which Lady wasn't sure she wanted in her house at first, but then took to watching it go around the track all day while Jonathan I were too sick to play with her. While I had planned a nice Christmas dinner complete with a Birthday cake for Jesus, we changed plans and had chicken noodle soup which, while a little less exciting, was exactly what we needed. We have since had fun with our new Christmas gifts and it is starting to feel a little more like the holidays, but it still seems like Christmas never happened! I hope that you had a very merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Derek & Heidi said...

Love the pics of Lady! We miss the good old days with you guys! If you're ever not in Vegas, and the roads aren't treacherous, we'd love to have you visit! Hope all is well in I.F.

Donna- question...
Can the Cricut make stickers? And have you tried the coloring things for the Cricut? My sis gave me some for Christmas, but I can't decide if I want to keep them or not...

Love the new look for your blog!

Love you guys! MISS YOU TONS!

Gallant Family said...

BUMMER about the flu. I am glad we weren't around to get it from you. Thanks for that! Sorry things didn't go as planned and that your Christmas didn't feel like it. I hope you are feeling better now.

Very cute layout, btw.

Kristin said...

So sorry to hear you got the flu!! No fun at all. I hope you're all feeling better:)