Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Room Where Everything Goes To Die.

You know you have one. Maybe yours is a closet, but you know you have a place where you put stuff until you have time to put it away- and you never have time to put it away so it ends up looking like this:


This would be my craft room after returning from a long vacation. I swear things in this room reproduced while we were gone for 2 and a half weeks! (Not that I would mind more craft stuff, but I don't think the JoAnn fairies visited me.) How does stuff pile up so fast??


This is where you come in. I NEED HELP! How do I organize/de-junk this room? I don't know where to start. It is OVERWHELMING and it needs to be done. My mom is coming for a visit and I want to show her that despite my entire childhood, it IS possible for me to keep a room clean! I am on a VERY tight budget... (as in NO budget since my husband would have a COW if I spent any more money on this room.) Got any ideas? (other than getting rid of it all.)

5 comments:

sweet mama entropy said...

i too pretty much stink at organizing my stuff, so no tips there. but i did want to say that i love the paint job in your craft room... so fun {can't beat purple, especially when it's two-toned stripes}!!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Oh, I wish I could offer organization tips. But alas, all I can say is. I so know how this goes!

The Caywood Family said...

I love to organize and can do it great. If you want some help just give me a call. I would love to help out.

It's A Wonderful said...

Oh, my! This is what I did: got fed up and put everything in plastic bins w/lids and out in the garage it went. Now don't get me wrong, my room is still dissheveled. But I took enough out, so that my creativity came back. When I need something, I go out to the garage to get it. And unless it's a custom order, I'm not buying anything new until I use what I already have. I have not brought any new fabric home in over a month!

Good luck!

Derek & Heidi said...

The room where everything goes to die...I couldn't explain it better myself!!

Try talking J into a few bucks to spend on plastic containers for storage. That's been my solution. Clear ones are great, then you can see what's in 'em easier. Label them too. Then shove them as neatly as possible into the closet ;) That'll clean it up quickly and cheaply. At least it worked for me!

Miss you guys! So glad you have a blog so we can read about your happenings!!!