Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter in Vegas

So by now I am sure you have figured out that my nephews are a big part of my life. I love them to pieces and treasure watching them learn and grow. Sometimes I just want them to stop growing up so fast. This is the first year we could spend with the boys, and it was so much fun! The Easter Bunny brought the boys some new jammies and sunglasses and of course LOTS of candy! Peeps for breakfast never killed anyone!

One of Rebecca's neighbors organized a neighborhood Egg Hunt in the park. It was a fabulous idea! Parents donated a dozen filled eggs for each of their kids and the dad's went to the park early in the morning and hid them. After all the eggs had been hidden, the mom's and kids came to the park to find all the treasures. When all the eggs were found, everyone enjoyed a potluck breakfast! I can totally see doing this in Idaho, but we might have to put snow pants on the kids first.

I just love these boys! These hug moments are far and few in between, but they are sweet.

One thing that I love about being a kid is how easy it is to have fun. I watch my nephews play on the same playground with new found eyes every time. They don't worry about tomorrow or even yesterday. They can find joy in such simple things. I guess when the Savior told us to be like a child, there are many ways that could be.

No comments: